Wednesday 27 July 2011

Pre-run Almond milk drink!

Fresh Home Made Almond Milk!

I stay away from processed foods, normally.  These include all of the processed milks you see in the health food stores. I don't appreciate the high sugar content in them. The following is a delicious recipe for almond milk.  There is a catch, You'll need a high power blender such as a VitaMix!

1 cup of pre-soaked almonds
3 cups of ice
Add water up to the 1.5 liter or the 6 cup mark
Add 6 to 8 dates for sweetness
You can get creative and add cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa or whatever suites your taste!

Blend for 3 to 4 minutes and you have about 3 dollars worth of almond milk for 50 cents.

I sometimes add it to my morning steel cut oats or granola instead of my raw milk.


Gotta run,

Doug Leclair

No comments:

Post a Comment